Primary tabs

Using our Wage Sheets you can check the award wage rates for different work classifcations.
If you still have questions you can Contact Us.

There are 3 ways of joining:

  •  Join online today
  •  Join over the counter at your local CFMEU office 
  •  Obtain an application form from your site delegate who will receipt any payment on behalf of the CFMEU and return it to us on your behalf.

All of our RDO calendars are online. You can save them to your device's calendar, download and print them. You can find them here.
If you still have questions about your RDO's, contact us.

Allowances specific to your work type can be found on the respective wage sheets here.
If you can't see what you need, or you're not sure if you're eligable for certain allowances, feel free to contact us.

Unless your EBA states otherwise, the current superannuation rate is 9.5% of your “ordinary time earnings”.  This means the income earned Monday to Friday including daily travel allowance but without all overtime earnings (See Clause 32 of the BCGOA)

You can contact CBUS on 1300 361 784 for further information.

Call the CFMEU Legal Department on (02) 9749 0400


Workers are not required to start or continue to work out in the rain.  If there is other work available within your classification and in a dry safe area, your employer can transfer you to work on another area of the site or to another work site.

If a concrete pour has already commenced, the pour can continue until finished but all affected workers must be provided with wet weather gear and paid at the rate of double time.  If a workers clothes becomes wet as a result of working in the rain during a concrete pour, the worker will be allowed to go home for the remainder of the day without loss of pay.  If in doubt you can speak to your delegate, HSR on site or contact us.


You can view the inclement weather calendar here

If you're still unsure, you can Contact Us

CFMEU EBAs state that workers will stop work and leave site when the temperature reaches 35 degrees. The temperature is measured at the nearest Bureau of Meteorology weather station to the work site.

A printable version of this heat policy which includes starategies for working in hot weather that's below the 35 degree cutoff can be found here.

Workers should not be discouraged from taking necessary rest breaks.  Report all heat stress incidents to the First Aider and the PCBU.  Workers who experience symptoms of heat stress must report to the First Aid shed for medical attention.  If in doubt you can speak to your delegate, HSR on site or contact us.

While there is no set wind speed limit, all plant has Australian Standard stipulations/requirements for safe operating at particular wind speeds. Manufacturing requirements/limitations of safely operating plant at certain wind speeds should also be utilised.  If in doubt – check with your HSR on site or Contact Us.

Contact the counter organiser at the Lidcombe office and they'll happily take you through the process.

Well, there are a few different things you can do. If there is a Health and Safety Rep (HSR) who works on your site, you should let them know first. If not, then there are still other ways you can work this out. If you're a union member and there's nobody in your workplace that you feel comfortable reporting it to, you can contact the counter organiser at Lidcombe who will endeavour to give you advice and if need be, get in touch with the relevant site organiser. SafeworkNSW are the Government regulator of WHS in New South Wales, so you should definitely let them know that something isn't right. Too often companies get to tell us that "there were no issues before now" when something goes wrong, just because nobody had reported them to Safe Work- So it pays to be diligent.

You work 8 hours a day for 5 days (Monday to Friday) which totals 40 hours but get paid 38 hours (7.6 hours per day).  The other 2 hours accrue towards an RDO.  When you take an RDO you are paid 7.6 hours from your accrued hours, that way you receive 38 hours pay each week.  RDO hours are also accrued on all paid leave.

All RDO’s are shown on our wage sheets.

A worker other than a casual, is entitled not to work on a public holiday without deduction of ordinary pay.  If you agree to work on a public holiday you are entitled to be paid at the rate of double time and a half for all hours worked.  If you work on a public holiday, superannuation is payable on the 7.6 hours worked.

Unless your EBA states otherwise, under the modern awards sick leave is referred to as personal leave.  Personal leave hours accrue on a weekly basis and after working continuously with a company for 12 months you would have accrued 10 personal leave days.

Annual leave hours accrues on a weekly basis and after working continuously with the company for 12 months, you will have accrued 4 weeks (20 days) annual leave.  Accrued annual leave and annual leave loading are also payable on lawful termination.

(See BCGOA award clauses 25.10 and 38)

If you wish to resign or temporarily suspend your membership, contact the office.