Will you get a 5% wage rise on 1 July? Rep rights notice

Published: 10 Jun 2016

If your boss hasn’t got a ‘Notice of Employee Representational Rights’ document to you by now, there is no guarantee you can get a pay rise by 1 July.

  • To get an EBA certified, an EMPLOYER must take all reasonable steps to give notice of the right to be represented by a bargaining representative to each employee (CLICK HERE for an incomplete Notice to pass on to your employer. They must fill in their company name before sending it out).
  • The Notice does not need to be filled in and returned by the workers, it just has to be given to employees that will be covered by the agreement. If you are a CFMEU member, the Union is you default Bargaining Representative.
  • Depending on the size of a workforce, an employer can just put a copy of the Notice in employee’s payslips, or handing them out to employees at a tool box would be adequate.
  • The Fair Work Commission requires that the Notice is given to employees at least 21 days before an agreement can be approved.

The CFMEU will be in a position to send out copies of the draft EBA when companies can confirm that the Notice has been provided.

You can download the Notice in Word and PFD format by CLICKING HERE.

If your company is looking for a copy of the notice, direct them to this website.

If you have any questions, talk to your shop steward, organiser or call the office on 9341 3444.